It’s been spending a bit of time in beta where we’ve been testing it and unable to disclose our impressions, but now the Voxer push to talk application for Windows Phone is now officially available to the public.
For those of you who are unaware and don’t know what Voxer is, Voxer isn’t just like any other push to talk(PTT) app. Voxer’s messages are always in real-time and live, which means people listen to you as you talk, sort of like a VoIP conversation. You can access your message history and listen to older messages (unless they’re deleted) and you can also send text, photos, and share your location.
- Send voice, text, photos and location messages
- See every message as they come in on Live Tiles
- Play messages back later – they’re all recorded
- Choose your Favorite messages for easy playback
- Chat with one friend or with a group
- Create messages even when offline
- Get notifications for new messages
- No advertisements
- Works on any cellular data network and WiFi – good for international use
- Play voice messages faster at 2x or 3x speed
If you’re ready to try it out for yourself, you can download it directly from the Windows Phone Store free of charge. As for our impressions, we’ll have those ready for you shortly!