Skype for Mac has just been updated to version 7.10, which Skype team says is focused on “improving your video calling experience.
Specifically, the update includes some video and contact fixes, including:
|Video||Fixed stutter when Skype window is minimized during a video call.|
|Video||Fixed spinner which sometimes incorrectly appeared during a video call.|
|Contacts||Resolved PSTN contacts not appearing in custom contact lists.|
However there’s still one issue that remains with the messaging feature of the app. The typing indicator is being clipped if you try to use a larger font size. Skype is aware of the issue and is “working on resolving the issue and hope to release a fix soon.”
Meanwhile, for Skype for Outlook.com users, in addition to group IM, Skype has launched free group voice and group video calls, letting you add up to 25 people to a voice call and up to 10 to a video call.
To make a free group call using Skype for Web or Skype for Outlook.com:
- Visit web.skype.com or Outlook.com and sign in.
- Select +New to start a new conversation (or + for Outlook.com).
- Add friends to the chat (you can have up to 25 participants on a voice call and up to 10 on a video call).
- Click confirm and start a chat.
- Fix your hair and then, when you’re ready, click the call or video call button.