It’s no secret that WeChat is among the most popular messaging apps in the world, and the messaging platform will even award you for your devotion if you happen to live in Malaysia.
From now until April 25th, WeChat users living in Malaysia will be able to earn WeChat points to redeem gifts from local brands, such as Huawei, Chatime, Grabtaxi, MCash and Zalora. Users can redeem up to 3 points a day by making a video or voice call of at least 60 seconds through WeChat.
Gifts redeemable with WeChat Points include the Huawei Ultra-Thin Power-Bank, discounts from Chatime and MCash, RM10 off your next MyTeksi ride, or storewide coupons from Zalora.*
So how do you start earning points and redeeming gifts? WeChat has taken the liberty to explain that on its blog:
- We’re glad you asked. If you are living in Malaysia:
- Voice or Video Call your friends on WeChat
- Chat for at least 60 seconds
- Redeem your points at WeChat Team > WeReward
- Check your balance through the WeReward Balance Page, redeem vouchers / coupons under My Vouchers
Download the latest version of WeChat here.