After Microsoft announced late last year that Lync would be getting a name change to Skype for Business, a few months passed before the change started taking place. While other apps have already received the change, the Windows Phone app was noticeably left out. That change has finally made its rounds on Windows Phone thanks to a new update released today.
Here’s the full changelog for version 6.0:
- Lync 2013 is now Skype for Business (both in name and logo)
- New Look and feel & Emoticons
- At-rest Data Encryption (Requires Re-install)
- Server Side Conversation History Support (Requires Skype for Business Server)
Beyond the changes, you can take a gander at the app’s key features below:
- View shared content during a meeting, on your mobile device
- Initiate a group conversation (IM or video) or invite additional participants
- Join, rejoin, and initiate a Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate amazing ideas
- Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees)
- Transfer your calls to another phone number or another contact
- Pick up your conversations from the point where you ended them last
- Join (and enjoy) a Skype for Business Meeting even if you don’t have a Skype for Business account
- Enhanced security with Skype for Business certificate and passive authentication
Download Skype for Business using the QR code found here. What do you think of the new change? Post your thoughts in the comments!