The app is indeed 100% native and only requires the user to have BB OS 10.1. If you’ve ever used the version of WeChat on Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone, you’ll discover unsurprisingly that WeChat for BB10 includes the same features:
- Fun one-on-one and group chats with voice messages, texts, pictures.
- Chat with friends across platforms
- Enhance your chats with a huge selection of animated emoticons.
- Power-saving optimizations and low data consumption rates
- Follow your favorite official accounts.
- Fast and easy registration via phone number (supports more than a hundred different regions).
- Supports 4 languages, including English, Indonesian, Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese.
The app is also integrated into BlackBerry Hub. If you’re ready to try the new messaging app out for yourself and no longer want to sideload the Android version, you can find the app in the BlackBerry World store.