Skype 7.5 for Mac Released, Bringing 14 New Languages and Bug Fixes
This morning, Skype released version 7.5 of its calling and messaging app for Mac, an update that adds 14 new languages and fixes some crashes and CPU consumption from emoticons, among other fixes.
The new languages added were Hindi, Turkish, Czech, Ukrainian, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Indonesian, Catalan, Croatian, Slovak, Vietnamese, Thai and Malay.
In addition, fixes for the following issues were also released:
- Messaging – Fixed an issue causing the input field to occasionally disappear
- Messaging – Fixed an issue causing high CPU usage when animating emoticons
- Voice – Fixed an issue preventing call UI from coming up when making a call soon after signing in
- Screen Sharing – Fixed an issue causing screen flickering when the shared window is off-screen
- Application – Fixed several crash issues
- Application – Reduced instances of App Nap preventing Skype from reconnecting
With the new update, a known issue where screen-sharing not received after pausing and resuming of a call still exists, otherwise you should be able to expect a more stable experience overall.
Download the latest update for Mac here.